Monday, December 16, 2013

Sonnet: Sarah Bob

(a goofy, little poem I wrote for my awesome high school volleyball coach!)



My Senior season,
Could not have gone any better.
You were the reason.
I was not merely a setter.

You made me a teammate.
You gave me a family.
I never thought that would be my fate,
But it made me so happy.

The season may have ended with a loss,
But to me,
I couldn't have asked for a better boss.
It was a victory.

We made history.
We were the first.
It still makes my eyes misty.
Because I thought we were cursed.

But, it wasn't true.
You were a blessing,
Bestowed upon on a few.
I can't believe I'm done dressing.

I will never again wear black and red,
But I thank God every day,
That you came instead,
And put up with all of our dismay.

At the age of 23,
Sarah Schmitt took the VarVol job.
Instantly she became close to me,
And I called her Sarah Bob

No comments:

Post a Comment