Saturday, October 20, 2012

Essay to get out of a speeding ticket. (it worked!)


On Saturday, April 14, 2012 while driving home to Dearborn from Ann Arbor on I-94, I received a ticket. The officer pulled me over at approximately 11:26 pm for going 93 mph on a high way that only permits 70 mph.  He was courteous enough to write the ticket up for only 80 mph, but I will still be getting points on my license. I accept full responsibility for my actions, and realize that what I did was extremely wrong not only for the safety of myself, but for the safety of others driving along side of me. I was speeding to get home in time for curfew, but that is not an excuse. Had I been more responsible and managed my time better, I wouldn’t have been in that situation. I was on such a time-crunch I wasn’t thinking about all of the repercussions speeding could have, and was only thinking about the repercussions that awaited my late arrival at home. That being said, I am asking the court to review my case. I am only 17 years old, and I pay my own insurance. Getting points would significantly raise my insurance, as well as follow me for the next two years. As I said before, I realize how wrong and dangerous what I did really was, and accept full responsibility for the repercussions you find fitting. Since receiving the ticket, I have been following the speed limits. I am hoping that the points not be added to my license, and that I only have to pay the fine.

Thank you so much for reading this letter and reviewing my case.

No comments:

Post a Comment